Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A long hiatus

So, rather a long time since I last posted. In common with a number of other bloggers I've found my blogging has given way to rather more focus on tweeting in recent months, so visitors to this site (not that there are very many!) will at least have been able to see some of what I've been up to.

I've thought a bit about the future of the blog, given the various things I'm now involved in. Having established the Centre for Opposition Studies, the title of this blog is at least still appropriate, despite my party entering Government nationally. And of course in Greenwich we are still very much in Opposition, despite our best efforts. I'm also now Director of the Conservative History Group, and retain an interest in education policy, on which I was Conservative Special Adviser for several years.

But what should the balance of posts be? Should it be mainly my activity as Deputy Leader of the Opposition here in Greenwich? Observations on politics from the perspective of Opposition Studies? Trivia of everyday life? Education? Conservative History? A mix of all of these?

I can't expect a vast number of suggestions from you my dear readers, given I've already pointed out that there are comparitively few of you. But to attract new readers, I should really define what this blog is about. My feeling is that a mix of local and national politics with an emphasis on opposition is my best bet, and I've changed the info panel to reflect this. But occasional posts on education and Conservative history will also crop up. The main thing is I want to start more regular posting, with more thoughts and musings than I've included in the past. So onwards we go - If you are reading this and have any thoughts about what I should be doing, please let me know.

Right. Introspection over.

No comments: