Thursday, June 04, 2009

Brown and out?


I never thought it likely the Labour Party would move against Brown with just a year to go before an election, but how quickly things change. On balance I still think this plot will fizzle out, but it's now much more uncertain, with the rumours of different letters being circulated. It does feel rather like the last days of Iain Duncan Smith, I must say (the only internal party coup of which I have first-hand experience). The reshuffle will be crucial, but in the meantime voters will be angry to see the Westminster village self-indulgently plotting whilst they go to the polls. We Tories discovered in the 90s how badly that plays- including amongst the governing party's own voters. I just hope the BNP - who are all too active in my own patch in Eltham- do not reap the benefit.

No comments: