Monday, February 16, 2009

Walking on broken glass...


I don't often read The Sun, I must confess, but having just picked t a copy on the train, this story caught my eye. A bonkers council has been found to have used broken glass to grit its roads during the recent cold snap. What sort of mad, crazy place would... ah, it's our own dear Greenwich. A quick internet search shows the local paper is onto the story too (link to follow) and also has news that our Labour Council leader has been accused of misleading people over whether roads from bus depots had been cleared. I'd actually been quite complimentary about the Council's performance in keeping roads clear of snow, but I should have known better. When we were told road conditions were hazardous, I doubt many drivers would have interpretted that as meaning their taxes were being spent flinging shards of glass under their wheels. In true tabloid style, you couldn't make it up...

No comments: