Wednesday, May 23, 2007

She Shall Rise Again!
The level of support being expressed for the Cutty Sark at her time of need is truly humbling, and very touching for those of us who love her and love Greenwich. I started a support group on facebook which has already reached over 400 members, and offers of help and support are coming in from all over the world.

I hope to have some useful discussions with people at the Mayor-Making ceremony tonight, and ensure that the Council really are doing all they can to help out. I think a more prominent link from the Council website to the donations site (such as the one above) would be a good start. Hopefully I'll be able to report back with some concrete plans shortly, but an idea I am currently discussing is a fundraising concert. Watch this space.

No comments: